Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Dungeons & Dragons - Spelljammer Adventures in Space

The newest Dungeons & Dragons supplement, Spelljammer Adventures in Space, was released last week, and I was lucky enough to have contributed two pieces to the book. I was provided with a concept for the new direction they were taking the Aartuk and got to design two different versions of this monster, an elder and a warrior. For those of you unaware, the Aartuk is a plant creature in space, and can now shoot things out of 'mouths' on the tender neck flesh when it raises its center head. Neat, right?! This was a fun pair to work on as I tried to make them different but also from the same species. Here are the final paintings for the Aartuk Elder and Warrior.

Aartuk Elder
Spelljammer Adventures in Space
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Aartuk Warrior
Spelljammer Adventures in Space
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

As with all my D&D pieces, even though the final are digital, there are original drawings available. These are no exception, and I was pleased with how the drawings from this book, turned out. Here are the drawings for the Aartuk Elder and Warrior.

Aartuk Elder
Spelljammer Adventures in Space
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

AartukWarrior
Spelljammer Adventures in Space
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Lastly, Here are some bad photos of the two monsters from the book. They printed great, and I couldn't be happier with them.

Aartuk Elder and Warrior in handy dandy book form!

That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment