Friday, August 26, 2022

Interstellar Express Part 8 - Hotshot

Today, I am concluding my posts focused on my work from Interstellar Express, the educational game I art directed and made many assists. This week I am sharing some of the art I created for the stripped-down version of the project. Let's get back to the Interstellar Express Hotshot!

There were concerns that all the aliens, planets, environments, and neat stuff were too much and would distract from the project's purpose. To that end, we made a second version that was extremely limited and focused nearly entirely on the assessments. This called for a new intro screen, UI, and visual elements. Out are the train, planets, environments, interactions, and story. The larger complete version is still happening, but the Hotshot became a priority before 2020. I present you with selected art from Interstellar Express Hotshot.

The new launch screen features a selection of aliens and the Hotshot text I made.

I created a background, UI, and related elements to bring this slimmed-down version to life.

Upon completion, you get an interactive photo booth where you can select backgrounds and aliens to create a photo of some happy aliens.

And that brings us to the end of my work on the Interstellar Express project. It is always a possibility that there will be a need for additional assets in the future, but it has been nearly two years since I created any significant art for this project. Hopefully, it will launch in the not too distant future. When I hear anything about this happening, I will be sure to share it.

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...   

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment