Monday, January 10, 2022

The Completed Circle Seal - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share another new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. This illustration is for Book Two: The Completed Circle. This will be the first piece of art in the book. As with the first book, there is a key piece of art that starts the book that is an emblem, crest, or seal that is the theme for the book. The first book had the Crest of Ethra VanDalia, and this second book has the seal of The Completed Circle. This piece is not currently available, but when the time comes, it will be available as part of the Kickstarter to fund the publishing of the book. Hopefully, it will also become an enamel pin in the fullness of time. I present to you The Completed Circle.

The Completed Circle Seal
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
9 x 12 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - Currently NFS
© 2021 Christopher Burdett
 
The Completed Circle Seal - Drawing 
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
© 2021 Christopher Burdett

This piece was meant to be my first piece of 2022, but for once, I am ahead of schedule, and it ended up being my final piece completed in 2021. From this point forward, I am focusing on Book Two and will be doing everything I can to make it a reality sooner rather than later. I hope to keep this speed and energy going as I work on the rest of the illustration for the book. Here is a look at the sketch for The Completed Circle Seal to show where it began.

The Completed Circle Seal - Sketch 
Digital
© 2021 Christopher Burdett

As a bonus, I have some images of the rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape.   

 
The Completed Circle Seal - Process
© 2021 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...   

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment