Monday, January 24, 2022

Dungeons & Dragons - Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse - Part 2

The newest Dungeons & Dragons supplement, Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse, will be released tomorrow, and I was lucky enough to have contributed four pieces to the book. Usually, I would have to wait till the book was out to share my work, but the good folks on the Dungeons & Dragons social media team have been sharing some of my monsters early. While they have not all been spoiled, I have plenty that I can share with you leading up to the book's official release. I got to design/redesign three of the four pieces, which is always fun. The fourth is a classic monster that didn't need to be revisited and only needed a new illustration. 

Next up, I have for you the Star Spawn Mangler. While the Star Spawn have been around for a while, I am unfamiliar with this version. I am not sure if it is a new monster or heavily redesigned. As with the Star Spawn Seer, I used myself as the model for this monster. Here is a look at the final painting for the Star Spawn Mangler.

Star Spawn Mangler
Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Emi Tanji
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

As with all my D&D pieces, even though the final is digital, there is an original drawing available. This one is no exception, and I was pleased with how the drawing, actually all the drawing from this book, turned out. Here is the drawing for Star Spawn Mangler.

Star Spawn Mangler
Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
Art Director - Emi Tanji
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
Lastly, a look at a social media image that featured the Star Spawn Mangler. It is fun to see my art being used for promotional uses again. It has been a while. As always, never read the comments!

 
D&D monsters in social media form!

That is all of another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment