Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Ghoul - Dungeons & Dragons Essentials Kit

In the last couple of weeks, the Dungeons & Dragons Essentials Kit has been released at Target stores, and I have two pieces in the monster manual section of the kit. One piece is new, and the second is an encore appearance. The new piece is a rather focused Dwarvian Ghoul that has her eye on you. Here is how that Ghoul turned out, as well as the drawing for it.

Ghoul
Dungeons & Dragons Essentials Kit
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2019 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Ghoul
Dungeons & Dragons Essentials Kit
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2019 Wizards of the Coast LLC

This was a fun one to work on and the first piece of client work I have done in a while, though there is more where this came from. A big thanks to Kate Irwin for aways including me on fun monster projects. It is exciting to see this kit on the shelf at Target! I hope that it is a good starting point for a new generation of D&D players.

As I previously mentioned, the Ankheg that I produced for the 5E Monster Manual returned to appear in the kit. In the 5E MM, the Ankheg was cropped a bit, but in the kit, you can see the entire painting. This was one of my favorite designs and illustrations that I have done for 5E.


Ankheg
Dungeons & Dragons Essentials Kit
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Daniel Gelon
© 2019 Wizards of the Coast LLC

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here after the long holiday weekend. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment