Friday, January 25, 2019

Another Annual Spectrum Tithe


Yesterday was the deadline for Spectrum 26 submissions. I chose to submit this year after a lot of waffling. Most of my indecision comes from wondering if I should submit my pieces from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia now as unpublished work or wait till next year when they will be published. In the end, I submitted them as unpublished work since I have already submitted them to Infect by Art this year.


Since submitting I have read and participated in many conversations on Facebook regarding Spectrum and who had and had not participated. Lots of opinions and lots of different levels of participation. I myself have been submitting, off and on, since 2010. This is a drop in the bucket for some people. I know plenty that submitted for ten years, or more, before getting accepted while there are others that got in on their first submission. 


Looking back on my blog I apparently wrote at length last year about Spectrum and submitting. Glancing back at it, I am not sure I can add anything more to it if I wanted to. If you are interested, the post is still on the blog.


Everyone approaches these sort of things differently and gives them a different level of importance. Some people leverage a great deal of self-worth in being accepted into juried events and publications, while others do not. At one point it meant a great deal to me, but as time moved on, I see it very differently. 

To the chosen few who will find themselves in Spectrum 26, I salute you! To those that do not make it, your art is fantastic and keep being awesome! 

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here next week. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment