Monday, August 13, 2018

Gen Con 2018 - Day 3

Today I am sharing some images and thoughts from day 3 of Gen Con. Saturday was the biggest best day for me this year. Had some big sales and I don't recall many slow moments at the table. While people may not be able to get off work to be there Thursday and Friday, EVERYONE is there on Saturday. It was just a really solid, really busy day. If everyday at every convention was like Saturday there would never be a bad convention. That said, I would run out of things rather quickly. Good thing I am working on a book. While the day was busy, the night was where the excitement was.

Saturday night was the premiere of Eye of the Beholder: The Art of Dungeons & Dragons. EotB is a documentary about the history and people involved in the creation of Dungeons & Dragons art and I just so happened to be in it. The most excellent trio of Brian Stillman, Kelley Slagle, and Seth C. Polansky are responsible for the film and not only are they great people and friends, they made a really great film. I can not say enough good things about EotB. I may be bias, but it is a really solid film with a great narrative featuring all the people that made the D&D art what it is and launched the imaginations of many generations of artists and players. I can not wait till it is widely available so that everyone can see it. So good and so happy to have been able to see it at the premiere! RAWR!

Here are some images from Day 3 of Gen Con 2018...

The crowds are still at it even before the hall opens. I wonder if some of these people even moved from where they were days before.

 The crowd amassed outside the main entrance into the hall.

 The biggest miniature I have seen lately. This thing is gorgeous, but I just could not justify the expense. No where to put it and I would never get around to painting it.

 Looking over the wall and the very busy art show.

 And over the wall in the other direction.

 Photos never do it justice. There were a LOT of people in the hall on Saturday.

 A sketch on the back of a Magic card.

 Got my hands on the new Steve Prescott sketchbook, complete with sketch!

 This fellow is relevant to my interests!

 Sending another painting to a good home!

 Another Magic sketch.

 While I was not advertising that I was doing Pokemon sketches this year, if someone wanted one I would do them. Apparently someone in the art show told someone of my Pokemon sketches and I had to be true to my word.

 The AWESOME glow in the dark EotB screening button that were given out. SO COOL!

 Packed screening with standing room only!

 Kelley, Seth, and Brian after the screening doing some Q&A.

The film makers and attending D&D artists in a nice group shot.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here Tuesday for more coverage of Gen Con! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment