Friday, August 10, 2018

Gen Con 2018 - Day 2

Today I am sharing some images and thoughts from day 2 of Gen Con, which was exactly a week ago today. Friday felt slower to me at the table, but sales were up from Thursday, so people were coming by. The morning was definitely slow and it felt like there was a couple completely empty hours before the day picked up and by afternoon it was very busy again. Friday evening is the Art Show award ceremony. Nice to see everyone in one place and there were a LOT of new faces, several of which took home awards. I had a bunch of photos of the winners... but did not get them all, so instead of just showing some I decided to leave them all out. Sorry. A huge crowd of us all went to dinner awards and much merriment was to be had! Friday was a really great day when it was all said and done.

I had a lot of problems with my sleep schedule at Gen Con this year. I was falling to sleep just fine, but I was waking up 3-4 hours later wide awake with a million things on my mind unable to get back to sleep. This lead to me retiring earlier and earlier for the night and then being up longer and longer each following day. Not the best recipe for staying up late hanging out with art family and being my best at the table. In the end I was about to use that extra time awake in the early hours of the day to think about my art, The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia, work distractions, and a game plan for the coming months. All that said, I had an amazing time at Gen Con, I just wish my sleep had behaved a little more so I could have done more.

Here are some images from Day 2 of Gen Con 2018...

After sales on Thursday I had to rearrange the wall to better use the space.

 Good to see that my Wookiee painting is making a return in X-Wing 2.0 and that I will continue to be relevant in the FFG Star Wars games.

 While I did sign a lot of card this year, it felt that I singed a lot fewer.

 Instead of one giant board that everyone signs and doodles on we were all give small sheets that we could work on separately. A MUCH better solution and I bet better for everyone involved. These were all auctioned off for charity.

 Life on the other side of the wall. While I may have been a little slow early in the day it was thankfully busy inside the art show.

 More over the wall...

 ...and one more.

 A gift of dice that is relevant to my interest! Thanks Tina and Jason!

 Steve being Steve.

 Learned that my old Faceless Abductor was reused for the new Arkham game by FFG when I was asked to sign one.

 A view of the crowds I rarely see. This was on our way to the art show awards.

 Our hosts, judges, and presenters for the art show awards. While we may be in the basement, this venue is WAY better than the super hot little room in the Westin hotel.

 This restaurant seems relevant to my interests, but our reservations were for P.F. Changs.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here Monday for more coverage of Gen Con! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment