Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Illustration Master Class 2012 - Days 4, 5, and 6

Continuing my coverage of my experiences at the 2012 IMC we arrive at Day 4. Let me say again that last year at IMC I had an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING time and the misfortune that befell me this year was in no way a result of anything relating to IMC. I just got sick at the worse possible time which resulted in me missing pretty much all of IMC this year. Sometimes being dealt a bad hand is unavoidable and you just have to make the best of it. I am trying to stay possible about it all and hope that no one ever has to go through what I did at another IMC.

By Day 4 I knew I was not going to quickly get over whatever I was afflicted with and that there was no use in pushing myself and making things worse. I needed to be well enough to drive back to Florida in several days and that became my new goal. This meant that Days 4, 5, and 6 were spent almost completely in bed. I had food delivered and tried to keep my contact with other people to a minimum in case I was Patient Zero, no one else needed to be this sick. I did manage to take some pictures from my days in bed so that I could remember all those good times...

 Day 4 - In bed. Those were some good times...

 Day 4 - Staying hydrated is very important!

 Day 4 - I was missing a James Gurnay lecture when I took this photo.

 Day 5 - Fun with filters and different camera apps.

 Day 5 - Still more filters as the day crawls by.

 Day 5 - My favorite floor drain in the bathroom.

 Day 6 - Still rocking the fever. This images looks the way I felt.

 Day 6 - I was determined to stay hydrated no matter what. I filled up the plastic recycle bin on the floor I was staying on.

My three days of festering seemed to pay off and my fever finally broke on Day 7, but that will have to wait till tomorrow as IMC 2012 comes to a close.

See you back here for the final day of IMC 2012. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment