Friday, June 22, 2012

Illustration Master Class 2012 - Day 2

Day 02 of IMC 2012 had arrived and things all began to fall apart. I woke up and just felt off, and by breakfast I realized I had used up all the energy I felt I had to expend that day... oh, and my little cough from the night before had grown and matured into a force of nature. I had to face facts that I was getting... had gotten sick and I needed to get ahead of it. Since I was 1000 miles from home this meant the emergency room and the closest one was 17 miles away in a neighboring town.

Here is were it further went wrong, I was given a clean bill of health at the ER and was given a prescription to what turned out to be over the counter cough syrup and sent on my way. By the time I got back to the dorms I was coughing up a horror show and only wanted to go to bed... which I did. Thankfully my wife and super awesome nurse came to my aid. I eventually had an antibiotic prescribed for me to at least cover my bases if it was bacterial and a list of things I needed to have on hand to better weather this storm.

Then things got weirder. So the pharmacy gave me the WRONG medication when I went to pick up my antibiotic. They gave me someone's thyroid medication... thankfully I was familiar with what I should have received and a disaster was averted. At this point I still was confident that this would blow over quickly and I just needed to get some rest and let the antibiotics do their thing. I ended up missing all the lectures of the day and when I dragged myself later in the evening to the studio to try to get some work done I managed about one and a half hours behind my computer. This would be the only time I worked on anything for the entire week. I did manage to get some pictures of what was going on before my energy was completely drained...

 The lovely Holyoke Hospital waiting room for the ER... just look at that aquarium... so exotic.

 The room at the ER was very green, everything seemed to be colored green or was bouncing green. Not the more comforting color for the mood I was in... but at least they told me I was completely healthy. 

 The mother ship had arrived to take me away...

I think those were there to plug Christmas lights into... or maybe your charger for you phone...

 This was how I sent the majority of my day... and was a glimpse of the week to come.
 
Finally out of bed and wandering the studios seeing what I had missed. Pete has gotten to work on his under painting.

 When Awesome Horses fight they make sure it looks awesome... or something...

Noah freaked everyone out by making his under painting very RED. *Spoiler Alert* it all turns out in the end.

 Everyone is hard at work in the upstairs painting studio.

We see Marc Scheff hard at work. We shared a table again this year... which meant he pretty much had an entire table to himself this year.

 A glimpse of the digital room. This will be the last time I am here until Friday when I dismantle my equipment and pack it in my car. I may have been here only one an a half hours, but I made sure I packed as much into that time as possible. More on this soon...

I had already given up on taking photos of the Hulk figure as the plague stripped all joy from my body. I still had hopes that this would pass quickly and that most of the week was still ahead of me. I just needed some rest, let the antibiotics work (*spoiler alert* I am pretty sure it was not bacterial), and that I would bounce back quickly. By the end of day 03... I knew I was wrong about everything...

That is all for today, Day 3 coverage will be up on the blog on Monday. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment