Monday, June 25, 2012

Illustration Master Class 2012 - Day 3

Day 3 for me at the 2012 Illustration Master Class... I still thought the illness was going to pass soon and I just needed a little rest. I festered in my room all day determined to see Brom speak in the afternoon. Brom after all was the guest artist and I HAD to see him talk. It was a good thing I attended because right after the lecture we went outside and had the big group photo taken. It was a very very bad thing that I attended because at the last moment before the lecture started the two seats to my right were filled. Whoever took those seats was wearing an entire bottle of cologne, body sprey, or some other foul chemical bouquet that completely ruined my sinuses for the rest of the week... I proceeded to have an good old fashion allergy attack throughout the lecture. My throat, ears and sinuses we wrecked for the next 5-6 days because of this, so I would like to personally thank whoever that was for making my bad situation that much worse! Much appreciated! But I digress... Here are some photos I managed to obtain of my limited activity on Day 3...

This is what most of the day looked like for me.

We are all awaiting the beginning the Brom lecture. He looms in the shadows, waiting to strike...

 We see a rare photo of a baby Brom in Japan riding strange horned animals.

Brom talked at length about Dark Age, the project that I first really took note of him and his work. It Dark Age that made me realize that I has already familiar with him from his time on D&D Dark Sun.

 Brom talked about transitioning into making his own work and getting his own books and storied published.

Brom returns to Japan and finds more strange animals to ride.

Brom has a quick Q&A. My head was about to explode so I am not really sure what was talked about.

We all filed out and grouped under the big tree and patiently waited.

Greg Manchess set up the camera and got his remote ready but we were all just a little too far away for the remote to work. The timer was used instead and the disaster was averted. 

 Everybody looks like they are having a great time! Which they obviously were, just like I did the previous year. This is important to remember, I was a worse case situation and an anomaly to the rest of the awesome time that was going on all around me.

That was the extent of my activity for Day 3, I went right back to bed after some dinner and that was that. I will be bringing you a very minimal report tomorrow for Days 4, 5, and 6 since by then I had given up all hope and resigned myself to that fact that I was very sick and fighting it was a lost cause.

See you back here tomorrow was a look at Days 4, 5, and 6. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment