Thursday, June 21, 2012

Illustration Master Class 2012 - Day 1

It feels like a distant memory now, but Day 01 of IMC 2012 was exciting and we all had the week ahead of us... well, most of us did. Everybody was gearing up for their critiques and the first lectures of the class. It was a big exciting day for everyone. I know I was ready to have my critique behind me so I could start paining. Here are some images and take away moments from the day...

Breakfast with some Awesome Horses and a WIP.

HULK STILL MOODY AND INTROSPECTIVE FROM LONG DRIVE NORTH. HULK WANT TO ENJOY THE DAY AND TAKE THINGS SLOW.

IMC 2012 welcome address and instruction introduction.

Let the critiques begin! As in years past the instructors are broken up into 3 groups - one for each classroom - and you sign up for the group you would like.

This is the group I had wanted to sign up for, but loosing 5 hours to traffic the previous day limited my options when I arrived and checked in. This is a very similar mix to my group last year and I got a lot out of the group. Iain, Rebecca and Greg give outstanding crits.

This is the group of instructors that I signed up with. Solid critique and my piece cleared the instructors with only very minor tweaks.

 HULK EAT ALL THE FOOD! NONE FOR YOU!

A look around the Amherst campus. The large brink building to the left is where our studios are and the dinning hall is to my back. 

 My arch nemesis Noah Bradley gets to work on prepping his board.

Most critiques are now concluded and everyone is getting ready to work. Arron Miller, Cynthia Sheppard, Lauren Cannon are doing just that.

 Iain McCaig turns a shoe into a monster... RAWR!

Dan Dos Santos shows us all the different ways to shot photo reference of Iain and what works to get the results that we want and need.

 As the night went on, things got weird... and I, unfortunately, began to cough... a lot.
 
That is all for today, Day 2 coverage will be up on the blog tomorrow! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment