Monday, April 23, 2012

Trobriand's Machinations

Late last week a new article in Dungeon magazine #201, Trobriand's Machinations, went up on the Dungeons and Dragon website and I contributed a piece to the article! This is an expansion to the threats that dwell in Undermountain, so goes really well with my last post! Without further blathering, here are some Scaladars...

 Scaladars
© 2012 Wizards of the Coast

Scaladars are giant mechanical scorpion-like constructs. With the major exception of the lack of tentacles, these monsters have a lot of the major 'awesome monster' characteristics, so needless to say, they were super fun to work on. When I do a walk through for this piece in the coming weeks I will talk a little more about my influences and real life reference for this piece. Again, I would like to thank Kate Irwin for involving me on this project and for being super helpful in all her art direction!

That is all for another exciting Monday, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment