Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Beastly Scribe

My studies continue and this time it is a pig with a pen! You might remember my recent posts about the Beastly Caster, Beastly Fighter, and Beastly Archer, I am trying to make the most of my personal drawing time by incorporating more reference to hopefully improve my overall drawing skills. So today on the blog I have for you the fourth of my studies...

   Beastly Scribe
© 2012 Christopher Burdett

To date I think this one is my favorite. I had been really wanting to use this particular figure reference though I didn't know what type of animal I wanted to incorporate. When I was sketching it out I landed on a pig like critter and the piece really came together. Added most of the gear and accessories to this one, the majority of the reference was in the cloak and folds in the cloth elements. I also really liked the idea of doing one of these that was not necessarily a fighter/warrior type design. Dragging along and trying to keep a live the wise and all knowing Scribe that will get you past the traps and into a hidden dungeon seemed like a fun addition to the group.

That is all for another exciting day on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment