Friday, March 19, 2010

Bloodbound Skeever - Dreamblade

Today I have for you a piece I did for the Dreamblade miniatures game (just how many of these thing did I do?). Here is the Bloodbound Skeever, a rare piece for the forth expansion, Anvilborn. The Skeever are a bird creature designed for the first set, but when I worked on the this one I don't think that first set was even out yet. I had an little bit of an idea of what they looked like but was not positive. I got to work anyway...

Bloodbound Skeever (Version 01)
© 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I was close but missed a couple of 'little' details... like wings, feathered head and that it needed bird feet. OOPS! But it has big crazy swords, and that is cool, right? So I got to work on the required revisions...

Bloodbound Skeever
© 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

These revisions drove it home and we had ourselves a Bloodbound Skeever. As with a lot of these, I look back at the original and the approved revised version and wonder just what the hell I was thinking. I got to work on the full turnaround...

Bloodbound Skeever
© 2006 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I always liked the front and back of this guy but apparently I felt the need to phone in the side view. Over the years I have learned to better embrace the side view. I absolutely love doing turnarounds and jump at any opportunity to work on them, but the side view is my least favorite part. I think it is mostly in my head. You can see how the Bloodbound Skeever turned out in it's final production miniature form, HERE.

I will be showing a selection of my work her in Tallahassee starting on April 2nd through April 28th at Bacon & Bakin'. This will include an opening night event as part of April's First Friday on the 2nd in the Railroad Square art park. If you are in the area make sure you stop by. I will have more details next week.

I will have another Mutation Nation submission for you on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment