Monday, August 26, 2024

Faithful Snoop - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share another new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia! This illustration is for Book Two: The Completed Circle. This is the next character piece in the book and the only contribution of Shaper - and Shaper is not happy about it at all. But I am sure Shaper has plans to be more present in the next book. Depicted here is the Shaper Made Investigator, but everyone simply calls it the Snoop. The Snoop will follow, investigate, infiltrate, and decern for its owners any and all secrets or illusive individuals or details. If you look closely, you will see the main characters of this story. I wonder why they are being tracked through the Grand Bazaar?! If you are familiar with the first book, you know that Shaper's creations are not what they appear, and this one is no different. I present to you the Faithful Snoop.

Faithful Snoop
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
11 x 14 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2024 Christopher Burdett

Faithful Snoop - Drawing 
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
© 2024 Christopher Burdett
 
I have been looking forward to this one. Working on Shaper's creations is always fun and an enjoyable break from the rest of the work I am doing for my stories. There are times when it is just fun to draw messed up creations of flesh and metal. While I have been looking forward to this one, I didn't really know how I wanted to depict it. It was a moment of pure joy when I finally worked out the composition and lighting for it. This has been one of my favorite pieces that I have done for this book so far. Maybe Shaper needs their own book...
 
This is one of the many pieces I completed so far this year. It has been a blur of pencil and paint. Nice to finally be sharing them. Here is a look at the sketch and tonal study for the Faithful Snoop to show where it began.

Faithful Snoop - Sketch 
 Digital 
 © 2024 Christopher Burdett

Faithful Snoop - Tonal Study
 Digital 
 © 2024 Christopher Burdett

As a bonus, I have some images of the rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape. I typically try to work back to front and top to bottom, but as this piece's foreground was so important and needed to be very dark, I locked all of the foreground in first before moving to the lighter background. 

 
Faithful Snoop - Process 
© 2024 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here NEXT WEEK - I have things to do next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment