Friday, August 23, 2024

Talisman: The Lost Realms - The Return of the Dragons and Serpents

In a continuation of last week's post on my Talisman work resurfacing, I have more Talisman art that has resurfaced. This time around, it is The Lost Realms expansion that features the return of four of my monsters and was released in 2018. The pieces of mine included were created in 2009 and 2010 - give or take. The dates below will show 2010 or 2011, but it gets a little fuzzy on when I made the work versus when it was released, meant to be released, or the eventual delayed release. It's all unnecessarily complicated, but those were the times we lived through in the early 2010s. Let's start things off with a look at the packaging so that if you want to complete your collection of my art, you know what to get.

The Lost Realms expansion of Talisman

The four pieces of my art included in this expansion are the Arcane Dragon (originally the Seas Dragon), the Storm Dragon (one of my favorite pieces that I did for Talisman), Basilisk (the very first card that I did for the game, and the Dracolich (that you were reintroduced to last week). It is interesting to see the Storm Dragon and Basilisk juxtaposed because there was a TON of growth and work between the two of them in an incredibly short period. As mentioned last week, I used Talisman to experiment and try new techniques. For the most part, it gave me a place with a lot of freedom to push my boundaries and rise to the challenge. In the end, the work was fun, the pay was absolutely abysmal, and I have some cards in a popular game to show for it. Here is a look at the final art for the four pieces that have returned in this expansion.

Arcane Dragon
(originally the Sea Dragon)
Originally from Talisman: The Dragons
7 x 6 - Digital
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Storm Dragon
Originally from Talisman: The Dragons
7 x 6 - Digital
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Basilisk
5 x 4.5 -Digital
Originally from Talisman: Frostmarch
© 2010 Fantasy Flight Games

Dracolich
Originally from Talisman: The Dragons
7 x 6 - Digital
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Finally, here is a look at the final production cards. As far as I know, these are unchanged from the other times these cards have been released. At last count, the Basilisk alone has been released two to three times before this release. I guess it is good that more of them are out in the world to be enjoyed.  

And all the monsters on their monster cards so you can hold them in your hands

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment