Friday, March 26, 2021

My Dad's Monster Manual - The Return of the Ankheg, Kraken, and Fire Snake

I would like to share something that I find very interesting and fun. It is a third-party Dungeons & Dragons book that uses licensed art, of which some of mine is included. While that is enough to warrant a blog post, the concept around the book itself is highly creative. My Dad's Monster Manual is a collection of monsters that most players should be more than familiar with, but in this case, they have all be reenvisioned and given new names, backstories, stats, and abilities. The author of the book had his father guess what each monster in the official monster manual was called and what it does, and from there, these new versions were created. I think this is a super fun idea and gives Dungeon Masters the opportunity to spice up their games and keep their players guessing. If you have a chance, you should check this book out. Here is a look at the book.

 
My Dad's Monster Manual

This book is full of monster art that appears in the fifth edition Monster Manual. Included are three of my pieces, the Ankheg, Kraken, and Fire Snake. I love how these creatures were given a fresh spin and fun new names and origins. The entire book has so many fun new ideas and monster potential. Here is a look at my art in the book.



Here again, is my full art for each of these monsters. It is nice to see how they live on and continue to show up and have a life of their own,

Ankheg
5th Edition Monster Manual
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Daniel Gelon
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
Kraken
5th Edition Monster Manual
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Daniel Gelon
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
Fire Snake
5th Edition Monster Manual
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Daniel Gelon
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast LLC

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment