Friday, May 8, 2020

Kalaraq Quori Miniature

This past November, I shared with you my contribution to the Dungeons & Dragons supplement of Eberron: Rising from the Last War, the Kalaraq Quori. I also talked about how this was the most challenging assignment I have had in a LONG time. I will go more into this when I share the process of making the painting, but let's just say I got in my head, and things went south quickly. It all worked out in the end, and the painting appears in the book. Here is how the final painting of the Kalaraq Quori turned out.

Dungeons & Dragons - Eberron: Rising from the Last War
© 2019 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Just as Beholder Death Tyrant, I was not holding my breath to see a miniature of this design. Not in a million years would I imagine that this monster would be considered worthy of a miniature, not to mention that it is a shadowy silhouette of a crazy snake bug surrounded by a glowing eye swarm. Well, the good folks at WotC showed me I have no clue about what needs to be a miniature how to go about problem solving the sculpture so it can be mass-produced. They went and made a Kalaraq Quori miniature, and it has helped a lot with my personal feeling towards this painting. Here is how the mini turned out.

Kalaraq Quori Miniature

I hope to be proven wrong about more of the monsters I have designed for Dungeons and Dragons, as I love to see miniatures based on my work. 

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment