Monday, November 18, 2019

Kalaraq Quori - Dungeons & Dragons - Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Last week the Dungeons & Dragons Eberron: Rising from the Last War supplement was released, and I have one piece in the book. I was asked to redesign and update the Kalaraq Quori for this 5th Edition journey into Eberron. Here is how the Kalaraq Quori turned out, as well as the drawing for it.

Kalaraq Quori
Dungeons & Dragons - Eberron: Rising from the Last War
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2019 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Kalaraq Quori
Dungeons & Dragons - Eberron: Rising from the Last War
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2019 Wizards of the Coast LLC

In all seriousness, this was the most challenging assignment I have had for Dungeons & Dragons in a long time. Possibly even the most difficult I have ever had. This most definitely on me and not the assignment, my art director, or anything else related to production. I overthought and overworked this piece almost into the ground. I somehow saved it and had the state of mind to turn it in before it was too late. It was, of course, immediately approved, and there were no issues. I will go more into this when I share the process that went into it. For now, here is a look at the Kalaraq Quori in the book and the two versions of Eberron: Rising from the Last War.

Kalaraq Quori in handy dandy book form

Eberron: Rising from the Last War is available in regular and collectors versions

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment