Monday, June 18, 2018

Sunken Stalls - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I have a new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia! With all the monsters complete, it is now time to begin exploring the Grand Bazaar itself. The third stop is a visit to the Sunken Stalls. Not every monster lives on land, but they all have things to sell and things they need to buy. You can find many wonders of the aquatic realms for sale here and desired goods from the land at a noticeable markup. Don't expect to haggle if you can't breathe underwater!

Sunken Stalls
16 x 20 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - AVAILABLE!
© 2018 Christopher Burdett

Sunken Stalls - Drawing
16 x 20 - Pencil on paper
© 2018 Christopher Burdett

Due to the complexity of these larger full environment pieces I am now working on, I have needed to do value studies to make sure I know where I am going and don't lose my way. Doing these value studies has been one of the best course of action on this project and have saved me a lot of headaches. Here is the value study for Sunken Stalls...


Sunken Stalls - Value study
Digital
© 2018 Christopher Burdett

Here are all of the monsters appearing in the first volume of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia: Aberrant Stilter, Belled Kreep, Corrupted Knight, Dight-Kin, Eau-de-nil Elder, Ethra VanDalia, Footman, Gray Wanderer, Gullet, Humgruffin Mother, Irritated Girasol, Judicator, Kiplorbic Animal Dealer, Lammergeier Transport, Myopic Riflemen, Nimsbane Curse Victim, Ophiomornous Bureaucrat, Petrous Blacksmith, Quincaillerie, Rapacious Guttersnipe, Saint Marque, Smokestack, Thrice, Uncanny Scribe, Virulent Artificer, Woven Egg, Woven Shaper, Xandrell Tree, Yote Arms Dealer, and Zombic Spore.
 
As an added bonus, I have some images of the line work and rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape... 


Sunken Stalls - Process © 2018 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...


For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

2 comments: