Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes - Hydroloth

Last year I had the joy of working on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, the newest supplement for Dungeons & Dragons. I created five monster illustrations for the book and had a fantastic time doing so. A huge thanks go out to Kate Irwin for including me on this project! Last but not least, today I have for you the Hydroloth...

Hydroloth
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Hydroloth
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Wrapping things up is the Hydroloth. Nothing like a weird froggy monster to be the cherry on top of a wonderful monster-filled sundae. As with all of these, I have some horribly unflattering reference photos of myself that help make this piece a reality. This is one of those pieces that practically painted itself, but I have more on that in the coming months when I share the process to this piece and all my other contributions to Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog. See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment