Friday, August 14, 2026

The Return of the Beasts - Beastly Archer

Continuing to look back as I work forward. At one point, I had the time and the energy to do practice drawings, studies, and simply draw for the fun of it. These days I nearly exclusively draw with an intended goal. But fourteen years ago, it was quite different. At the time, I was completing a series of Beastly characters. I was working with reference to build my skill sets, and in the end I made a lot of weird animal warriors. This is a bird with a bow.

Beastly Archer
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
© 2012/2026 Christopher Burdett

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. I will be away for a bit of next week, so I will be back next Friday! Until then..

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment