Wednesday, April 20, 2022

A New Daruma Begins Its Work

In 2020, when the first Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia book finally arrived at my doorstep, I shared the Daruma that had been with me in the last few years of making the book. With the book in hand finally, it was time for the Daruma to get its second eye. Between then and now, the most excellent Kat Birmelin sent me a new Daruma to be with me on the next leg of my artistic journey. I waited until I was caught up with all of the work I had set out for myself in 2019 (work I didn't complete till late 2021), and I tasked it to get me through the completion of book two of the Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. This new Daruma is much fancier than the previous one and has more to carry than the first. Here is an image of the new Daruma waiting to get started.

If you are unfamiliar with the Daruma, you make a wish or goal and fill in its right eye. Once the goal is completed or the wish granted, you fill in the second eye. While my new Daruma now has a right eye, it will be a few years before receiving its left eye. The good news is that those few years will be full of glorious drawing. Here is the Daruma as it is now, diligently doing its job - waiting for me to finish a book.

Daruma's one good eye.

That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog. See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment