Monday, August 30, 2021

The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia Update and Sneak Peek

A lot is going on with the Grand Bazaar these days. I am more or less back on a regular production schedule working on the images for the next books. On top of that, a lot is happening behind the scenes to be ready for IX in October and conventions, in general, moving forward. This includes finishing new work, getting prints ready, and even making better publicity images of the books. My entire convention setup and appearance is changing, and that is requiring a lot of new construction, organization, and planning. At least by IX, I will be able to share that with you. 

Until then, I can leave you with a pair of sneak peeks at the piece I am currently working on. This is an illustration I planned out over ten years ago but never moved forward with it beyond shooting reference and creating the digital sketch. I have carried it around trying to find a home for it for a decade and finally realized it was always meant to be in the Grand Bazaar. I made some updates to the sketch and prepped it got production. I completed the linework for it over the weekend. I will begin rendering it this week. For now, here is a glimpse at a bad day in the Grand Bazaar.

 
There will be a few beings having very, very bad days in book three, In the Black.

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment