Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes - Sibriex

Last year I had the joy of working on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, the newest supplement for Dungeons & Dragons. I created five monster illustrations for the book and had an amazing time doing so. A huge thanks go out to Kate Irwin for including me on this project! Today I have for you the giant demon Sibriex...


Sibriex
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Sibriex
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Kate Irwin
Original - SOLD
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

The Sibriex just might be my favorite piece that I created for this book. It hits a lot of important notes with me: it is a mess yet it has some order, lots of detail, oozing grossness, crazy textures, a chance to do a self-portrait. Speaking of self-portrait, a lot of really silly images of me making crazy faces went into the creation of this piece. Production wanted this incarnation to look a bit more intelligent than the preview versions. I was more than happy to step in a try to portray that intelligence. Hopefully, it came through in the end.

Keep an eye on the blog as I share the rest of my contributions to Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment