Friday, June 8, 2018

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes - Hellfire Engine

Last year I had the joy of working on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, the newest supplement for Dungeons & Dragons. I created five monster illustrations for the book and had a fantastic time doing so. A huge thanks go out to Kate Irwin for including me on this project! Today I have for you the devil construct Hellfire Engine...

Hellfire Engine
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Hellfire Engine
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Kate Irwin
Original - SOLD
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

This was a weird one for sure. When I was working on the thumbnails I thought to myself that I was either immediately nailing it... or I was HORRIBLY wrong in the direction I was going. Turns out I nailed it. The reference I was sent to base this on was a little vague, so I did the best I could and apparently figured it out. In the end, I really enjoyed working on this one, and I think it turned out well, but going into it I was worried. I was reading the stats on this one yesterday, it is a beast. I would not like to find my character on the business end of one of these. If you were wondering, I posed for reference for this one too.

Keep an eye on the blog as I share the rest of my contributions to Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment