Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes - Choker

Last year I had the joy of working on Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, the newest supplement for Dungeons & Dragons. I created five monster illustrations for the book and had a fantastic time doing so. A huge thanks go out to Kate Irwin for including me on this project! Starting things off I have for you the Choker...

Choker
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Choker
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Kate Irwin
Original - SOLD
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

The choker is a classic D&D monster, and it was great to have the chance to illustrate it for this book. When shooting reference images, I did my best to make it seem like I had no bone and I was only filled with cartilage. I think it all worked out in the end.

Keep an eye on the blog as I share the rest of my contributions to Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes!

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment