Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Rancor - Imperial Assault - Jabba's Realm Expansion

While at Gen Con I had a new Star Wars piece spoiled and I am just now getting it on the blog. I am REALLY behind with getting new work up here. I need to rectify this. At Gen Con the newest expansion to Imperial Assault, Jabba's Realm was announced and with it so to was my art that accompanies a most excellent and sizable miniature. I present to you my art for the Rancor...

Rancor
Imperial Assault - Jabba's Realm Expansion
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Deb Freytag
Original - SOLD
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

This was a fun one. I was my second time painting a Rancor and this time I got to depict it on its home world of Dathomir. This piece was actually done earlier this year and was a rush piece since they wanted to have the set potentially out by the end of the year. It was kind of a blur to work on because there was a second piece I was working on at the same time. This second piece has yet to be spoiled. When I share the process for this piece I will do my best to recall all of the exciting ups and downs. Here is a look at the final card, you can see how much it got cropped as well as it getting flipped horizontally...

Rancor in handy dandy card form

Always interesting to get asked to do such a large image when in the end it gets snipped down to a sliver. This piece also made the rounds in September on the FFG website as part of the previews of the Jabba's Realm expansion...

Various graphic using the Rancor on the FFG website

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment