Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Cast A Breath Of Life - Charity Magic Event Recap

I had a great time this past Saturday at the Cast A Breath Of Life - Charity Magic Event in Gainesville, Fl. Did a lot of drawing, met some great people, and signed some cards. A big thanks to Justin Rix for hosting the event and having me out. I hope they were able to raise a good bit of money for Cystic Fibrosis research. I have some images from the day and they are mostly things that I drew...

My table is all set up and I am ready for the day!

A healthy pile of giveaways and prizes that could be won throughout the day.

Zombie Chewbacca and zombie Wookiee horde across two Magic artist proofs.

A set of foil artist proofs with their corresponding monster sketched on the back.
This may have been my favorite set of the day.

I was asked to sketch a monster ghost man from another Magic card and the art of so small I had to go look it up on the web so I could figure out what the heck I was even looking at. This was a strange monster.

At the beginning of the day I was asked to draw an elemental and later in the say I was asked to color it.

The only fatality of the day. It seems the new artist proofs have a different coating or they are a different paper stock, but which ever my ink is not sticking to it they way it use to. I thought this zombie Yoda was dry, I certainly gave it a LONG time to dry... sadly it was not and smeared going into its sleeve.

New zombie Yoda with different ink and a levitating meditating Yoda.

Set of 4 colored zombie tokens to finish off the day! RAWR!

I looked up briefly at one point and people were playing Magic.

Again, a huge thanks to Justin Rix for having me out and for hosting the event which helps out a really great cause. Also, a big thanks to everyone that came out and who stopped by to say hello!

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment