Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Ephant Mon - Star Wars LCG: So Be It

My contributor copy of So Be It, the newest expansion to the Star Wars Card Game, arrived on Friday which means I now can share another new piece of Star Wars art. I say new, but I painted this way back in December of 2014 and it is just now being released. Good things come to those that wait? No matter, because the wait for Ephant Mon is now over...

Ephant Mon
Star Wars LCG - So Be It
14 x 11 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Zoe Robinson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Ephant Mon
Star Wars LCG - So Be It
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Zoe Robinson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I was assigned and worked on Wicket W. Warrick and Ephant Mon at the same time. A fun Return of the Jedi back to back assignment. I really love working on pieces set in Jabba's Palace and this Ephant Mon piece allowed me to throw some extra aliens in there that I also wanted to paint. Overall I am really happy with how the piece printed, though it is a little dark. I am just thrilled it is FINALLY released. been waiting a long time for it! I will have more to share with this piece in the near future when I share the process that went into it. For now, here is a look at the printed card...

Ephant Mon in handy dandy card form

That is all for another exciting Monday Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment