Monday, May 4, 2015

Free Comic Book Day 2015 Recap

This past Saturday was Free Comic Book Day and the first FCBD that I have taken part in as a guest of a comic shop. The good folks at Fallout Comic invited me out for the day and I was thrilled to attend. There was a lot comic books, super heroes, sketching, droids, stormtroopers, and fun to be had on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and a big thanks goes out to everyone at Fallout for including me!

The comic book industry and comic book shop culture has been taken to task regarding diversity and the inclusion of all people and not just white men and boys. Comics have been evolving and making some really good advancements in mirroring the diversity of our world in recent years. During FCBD is was extremely exciting to see so many people of color and women and girls in attendance. Gives me hope that things are changing for the better and that everyone can be excited about comics.

Here are some images from the days events at Fallout Comics for Free Comic Book Day 2015...

Even with an hour to go before the doors officially open there is a line forming

All set up and ready for the day! RAWR!

There is something nice about attending a local event, I can just throw everything in the car and drive a couple miles to the event. No flights, no long car trips, no hotels.

AWESOME! It is Tallahassee's very own Daniel Hooker!
Daniel is a great guy and a great artist. If you have a chance go check out his Kickstarter for his new comic. It is in its last week and can use your support!

When R2-D2 is not attending our Star Wars holiday party he likes to attend FCBM.

This is about the best photo I was able to manage of the other artists in attendance. It was a very busy day! Check out the most excellent Marc Thomas who is hiding in the lower right of the picture!

 Busy busy busy! Everybody loves FCBD!

It was only a matter of time before I caught the attention of the Empire...

Even this Rebel Scum can be friends with a Stromtrooper!

One of the day's sketches. RAWR!

Another of the day's sketches AND the first time I have actually drawn Boba Fett.

Very excited to also draw on my first comic blank... which just so happened to be the new Darth Vader #1 from Marvel. Very cool!

Did a sketch swoop with Marc and I of course asked for his version of Bossk. RAWR!

 I will leave you with this little gem.
As part of FCBD, Fallout Comics was giving away one comic for free from their one dollar comic boxes. I had a look just to see what was being offered. At random I pulled a comic out and found this beauty. I remember very well when this first debuted. Looking at it now it seems like the an amazing spoof of what the comics of the 1990's were like ...but this one is actually real.
Always remember... JAMM! He is a PRODIGIOUS DUDE!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment