Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Self Portrait 2: Teeth and Tongue

Today I have the second in a series of self portraits. Back in November I shared the first of these very flattering images of myself. I talked about working traditionally on Monday in my look back at 2014 and this piece is a part of that. ...in its own special, creepy, drooling kind of way. Here is the second in a series of self portraits I am working on...

Self Portrait 2: Teeth and Tongue
5 x 7 - Acrylic, pencil, and gouache on board
© 2014 Christopher Burdett
Original -  SOLD

There is a corresponding drawing to this painting, of course. As with some of my other smaller paintings the drawing is bigger then the painting. Here is the drawing for this self portrait...

Self Portrait 2: Teeth and Tongue
9 x 12
  Pencil on paper
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

I was not expecting to have this painting on my schedule anytime soon, but when a window of time opened to work on it I acted on it. I was working quickly with some starts, stops, and gaps in painting times. Because of all this I did not do a good job of documenting the piece coming together. Also, after just finishing two paintings for a client and documenting those exhaustively, I kind of didn't want to take a bunch of photos as I worked. Here a just a couple images that I took while working on this piece...

Self Portrait 2: Teeth and Tongue - Process
 All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment