Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Self Portrait 1: Pucker Up

On Monday I shared with you a traditional painting from back in January, the Uber Grotesque, today I have for you something a little more recent. This piece was completed early October and should better show what my current traditional work looks like and how much it has changed since January. Here is the first of a series of self portraits I am working on...

Self Portrait 1: Pucker Up
5 x 7
  Acrylic, pencil, and gouache on board
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

There is a corresponding drawing to this painting, of course. As with some of my other smaller paintings the drawing is bigger then the painting. Here is the drawing for the self portrait...

Self Portrait 1: Pucker Up
9 x 12
  Pencil onpaper
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

As I am want to do I documented this painting coming together so that I could share it here on the blog. Here are a series of photos of the this painting taking shape. You can see what has changed and long the way. If you keep going till the end you will also see an little animated gif of the painting process to get a better feel for the steps...

Self Portrait 1: Pucker Up - Process
 All images © 2014 Christopher Burdett

Self Portrait 1: Pucker Up - Animated process thing
 © 2014 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment