Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Warforged Armor Designs #1

Today I bring you the first installment of Warforged armor that I designed for the Dungeons and Dragons Character Visualizer. This is the last of the armor I designed for the Visualizer and it is in many ways the most different.

Since the Warforged are living constructs with bodies made out of metal and wood all the armor had to be attached to the bodies surface rather then worn. I tried to work mounting plates and bolts into the designs to feel both functional and decorative. The cloth and wizard attires are more clothing-like, but do take in account for their mechanical bodies, allowing room for unhindered knee and arm movement. The armor is also unisex since the Warforged are genderless.

© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

© 2008 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I was looking through all my Warforged files this morning and I will be sure to bring you my sketches after I post all the sets. For the most part all the sketches go though the same sequence: too much like worn armor, too elaborate, just right.

Don't forget my CHARITY ART AUCTION is still going on! Head over to EBAY to bid on my art and help out my friend.

I will have more information on Friday regarding other events happening this weekend that you all can take part in to help the cause. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment