Friday, December 16, 2022

D&D Starter Set: Dragons of Stromwreck Isle - The Return of the Kobold Sorcerer and Fire Snake

It recently came to my attention that the newest Starter Set for Dungeons & Dragons, Dragons of Stormwreck Isle, features a return of two of my monsters. I try to keep an eye out when there are new D&D releases that I didn't directly work on because you never know when a familiar monster might make an encore appearance. To start things off, here is a look at the front of the box for this new Starter Set.

D&D Starter Set: Dragons of Stromwreck Isle is now available wherever games are sold and even in some big box stores. 

This time, the monsters making a return appearance were the Kobold Sorcerer and the Fire Snake. I like both of these a lot, and it is fun to see that they are getting some additional D&D love. I hope they make the adventure fun for all the players. Here is a look at the final paintings for the Kobold and the Fire Snake.

Kobold Sorcerer
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Emi Tanji
© 2022 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Fire Snake
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Daniel Gelon
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Lastly, here are a pair of images of the pieces printed in the Starter Set. I think they both printed beautifully, even if the photos of the pages don't show it. I hope this particular Kobold gets its own miniature one day. The Fire Snake already has, but I would love to see how the fire dragon spell would look as transparent plastic in miniature. One can hope...

Kobold Sorcerer and Fire Snake for all your Kobold Sorcerer and Fire Snake needs!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff! I'm currently running this adventure with some friends and using printable miniatures. The site I use doesn't have a Fire Snake mini, so I used the pic you posted here and made my own :) Thanks for providing the isolated version on a white background, prints out great! Gorgeous art.

    ReplyDelete