Monday, December 19, 2022

The Gathering is the Magic Clip: "Christopher Burdett - I don't care about the knight tell me about the DRAGON!"

At Gen Con, I had an excellent opportunity to speak with the folks behind the upcoming documentary about Magic the Gathering, The Gathering is the Magic. It was a lot of fun and always a good time to talk about art, monsters, and more. They have been sharing clips from the film on social media, and I have already been one of the featured clips. I am happy to share a second clip that dropped last week.

The Gathering is the Magic - A documentary about how Magic the Gathering brings people together, fosters friendship and inspires with art and storytelling.
 
This time, I talked a bit about my love of monsters, why I like monsters, and what monsters mean to me. I think I can talk endlessly on this subject, but here are two minutes. I can speak of metaphor, symbolism, and more, but at the end of the day, for me, monsters are about 100000x cooler than the heroes. But that is my view of things, and I have made a career of it! Enjoy the clip, and check out what else The Gathering is the Magic has been sharing!

Tell me about the DRAGON. I do not care about the knight.

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment