Friday, August 6, 2021

Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures - Ankheg

Today, I have for you another, and the last to my knowledge Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures release of a D&D monster that I updated for 5th Edition. If you know me and this blog, you know my love of the Ankheg and that it was one of my favorite assignments when doing the design push for 5E D&D. Having always been a fan of it and then illustrating it for the second 4E Monster Manual, the Ankheg has always held a special place in my monster heart. My work with it for 5E only secured its place in my top D&D monsters. With the prepainted miniature coming out last year, it is nice to see an unpainted version showing the entire monster. To start things off, here is the illustration of my redesigned Ankheg.

Ankheg
5th Edition Monster Manual
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Daniel Gelon
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast LLC

While I have designed many monsters for D&D, the Ankheg remains a favorite, and to see it made into another miniature fills me with a great deal of happiness. Designing miniatures was my first work in the tabletop gaming industry and remain a joy of mine. As mentioned above, while the first 5E miniature follows my illustration of the Ankheg, this new version shows the entire monster as it proudly stands entirely above ground. Just look at that abdomen! Here is Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures version of the Ankheg in all its glory.

 
Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures - Ankheg

As it is a favorite, I could not let them all live forever in a plastic bubble. I made sure to acquire two of these plastic beasties so that one could stay in the package and so that one could breathe free and be part of my miniature display. It also gives a better view of the entire monster.

Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures - Ankheg
Out of the confines of its packaging

Lastly, here is a look again at the prepainted Ankheg miniature from last year. Still love the job they did on this one. RAWR!

Prepainted Ankheg Miniature

 That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week. Until then...  

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment