Friday, August 27, 2021

The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia - A Year Later

A year ago this week, my shipment of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia arrived. Two massive stacks of books were on a truck and finally at the end of their long journey from China. It was the end of one chapter and the start of the next. It was a shining moment in an otherwise dark time last year as the global pandemic raged. It has been a year, and some things are different, and others are very much the same. The pandemic still rages because of human failings, but the book has slowly gotten out into the world. Not in the way that I imagined it would at the beginning of 2020 when the Kickstarter launched. I still haven't participated in any in-person conventions or events since February 2020, but with IX only a month and a half away, maybe I can be in the same place with my books and showing them to people finally. To celebrate the first anniversary, I did a new photoshoot with the book.

 
The available selection for the first book in The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia series. 
 While there is the main hardcover, there is also a 5th Edition D&D compatible stats guide for all the monsters in the book, a coloring book, and finally, a deluxe edition that contains all of the books, an exclusive clamshell case that holds all of the books, and a signed and numbered bookplate that features an original drawing. These deluxe editions are limited to only 100 copies.

Here are some of the images from last year of the books arriving. It was touch and go for a moment as they were unloaded, but the driver knew his palette jack and truck and got them on the ground in one piece.

 
Two massive piles of books that we ended up unstacking and restacking by hand to do a count and inventory check. 

Here are more images from the new photoshoot for the book. The previous images were fine, but I knew they could be better. I had been kicking this job down the road for a while due to deadlines and life, but it finally all came together. Will these be the last time I take pictures of these books? No. There will always be more.

(Collected Guide of Reference Statistics and Cataloged Research Calculations pertaining to the Beings and Beasts of the Grand Bazaar of Ethra)


Lastly, I have a new video featuring a look at the inside of the book. A little sneak peek of what the first book has in store for you. To see more, head to my store for details, images, and buying options.

 
A look at The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia - A book 20 years in the making

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment