Friday, July 30, 2021

Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures - Gorgon

Today, I have for you another Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures release of a D&D monster that I updated for 5th Edition. I would not say I reinvented the wheel when I reworked it for 5E, but I did give it some updates and my own twist. I am not sure how closely this new miniature holds to my design, but there are plenty of similarities at a quick glance. To start things off, here is the final design for the Gorgon.

Gorgon - Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual - Redesign
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

Whether this was or wasn't entirely inspired by m design, it sure is an excellent miniature. At some point, you have to let things go and know that they will change and evolve without you. And as I have seen, things will get redesigned without you all the time. I have been on both sides of that. I have had to update designs presented to me, and I had seen plenty of times where the final product is a bit different than when it left my hands. That is the way of things and the way of this industry. Here is Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures version of the Gorgon.



Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures - Gorgon

 That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week. Until then...  

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment