Monday, September 16, 2024

Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share another new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia! This illustration is for Book Two: The Completed Circle. This is a supporting piece of spot art for the Faithful Snoop I recently shared. This image shows a selection of materials that are used by Shaper in the creation of a Faithful Snoop. While a lot of the components for making one of these living tools are organic, there are plenty of non-organic Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials needed as well. Not to mention the lengthy rituals to prepare the materials and, finally, their encubation inside one of the Woven Eggs. I present to you the Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials.

Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
8 x 10 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Contact me regarding availability
© 2024 Christopher Burdett

Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials - Drawing 
8 x 10 - Pencil on paper
© 2024 Christopher Burdett
 
This is not the last Shpaer related image for the book, but it will likely be the last I will have to share for a little while. The final planned Shaper image (there may be unplanned pieces that will be needed later once the book is physically coming together) will be a color piece and will be a bit outside my wheelhouse. It should be an interesting one, but other works need to be addressed first, and when I am ahead on those, I will swing back to have some more fun with Shaper. 
 
This is one of the many pieces I completed so far this year. It has been a blur of pencil and paint. Nice to finally be sharing them. Here is a look at the sketch of the Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials to show where it began.

Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials - Sketch 
 Digital 
 © 2024 Christopher Burdett

As a bonus, I have some images of the rendering process of this piece so that you can get a better idea of it taking shape. This piece went quickly, so there are only three images to share.

Faithful Snoop Shaper's Materials - Process 
© 2024 Christopher Burdett

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment