Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants - Runic Colossus - Dungeons & Dragons

The newest Dungeons & Dragons supplement, Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants, was released last week, and I was lucky enough to have contributed three pieces (soon to be four, but that is another conversation for another day) to the book. The three pieces I initially did for the book required me to design and illustrate new monsters, and as you might know, it is one of my favorite things to do. I will share these one at a time over the next three days. Next up is the mighty Runic Colossus - a massive statue covered in giant runes and shoots energy out of its hand. This might be my favorite of the first pieces. Here is the final painting for the Runic Colossus.

Runic Colossus
Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Emi Tamji
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC

As with all my D&D pieces, even though the final is digital, there are original drawings available. These are no exception, and I was pleased with how the drawings from this book turned out. Here is the drawing for the Runic Colossus

Runic Colossus
Bigby Presents: Glory of Giants
11 x 14 -Colored pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
Art Director - Emi Tamji
© 2023 Wizards of the Coast LLC

Lastly, Here is a bad photo of the monster from the book. I took this photo at Gen Con. They printed great, and I couldn't be happier with them. 

Runic Colossus in handy dandy book form!

That's all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment