Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Even MORE Recent Artist Proof Drawings

Today I have for you even more recent artist proofs that I added drawings to their backs. If you want to get any of these, just head to my store. These are from January or earlier, as I am still slightly behind with things. I have more from February, and at this rate, I will be sharing them in March. These are going to a new collector I have enjoyed working with. He wants Star Wars, and I am MORE than happy to draw Star Wars. I have some exciting pieces to share soon that I have been working on. But that is for another day, today I have some Return of the Jedi goodness with a two-up Jabba scene and Ree-Yees. 

Jabba the Hutt on his dais has always been a favorite subject of mine, and I love depicting it.

While I don't generally do multicard images currently, the collector reached out ahead of time and we agreed to move forward with this one. Here are the two cards seperately so you can get a better look at them.

Jabba the Hutt, Salacious B. Crumb, a Gamorrean guard, and a Jawa for you Star Wars enjoyment.
 
Ree-Yees is my favorite Gran... though there have not been many others.

Lastly, here is a little bonus for you all. I have never shared how I build up the drawings on the back of the artist proofs. It all starts with layering grey markers up as I refine the drawing before inking it and putting in the black.

A rare look behind the curtain of the artist proofs being drawn. And yes, I do draw them at an angle.

That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog. See you back here after Pensacon! Until then...  

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment