Friday, January 6, 2023

The Return of the Lizard King - The Return of the Lizardfolk

There are a handful of third-party modules and supplements that feature reprints of some of my work, the first of which I am sharing today. I have been aware of them for a while (as most seem to have been released in 2017), but I recently tracked them all down as best I could to see what was used and if I could obtain a copy. Unfortunately, these particular products do not have physical versions. That said, I investigated to see if I could get details and screenshots of my work in the various products. Today I have for you the first of these 5E supplements, the Return of the Lizard King. To start things off, here is a look at the cover.

Return of the Lizard King with what I assume is the Lizard King that has returned.

As far as I can tell, I have a single piece that has made an encore appearance, and that is the Lizardfolk that I created for Volo's Guide to Monsters in 2016. It is not lost on me that 2016 was seven years ago, but it seems like I was working on this painting yesterday. This was, is, and will likely continue to be a favorite piece of mine and a full-circle moment for me with D&D. Here is my final painting for the Lizardfolk.

Lizardfolk
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I have no idea how the licensing works with WotC, D&D, and third-party products, but it is fun to see stuff pop up in unexpected places. At least I was credited, so I could learn that my work was in the supplement. Here is a look at my art on the page of this product.

Lizardfolk on the page in the Return of the Lizard King. You might notice that they flipped the painting but did not address my signature, which is also now flipped. Oh well...

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment