Friday, June 17, 2022

Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures - Death Tyrant

Today, I have for you another Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures that is based on design work I did for 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons. I was completely unaware of this one until a friend let me know, and I was thrilled to see what they came up with. This time around, it is the Beholder Death Tyrant that got the complete Nolzur treatment. This wasn't the first time the Death Tyrant has become a miniature, but this one is undoubtedly very cool looking. To start things off, here is the design of the Death Tyrant that I produced back in 2014, leading up to the release of 5E.

Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual - Redesign
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

I have always loved the Beholder and all of its many iterations, variant, and history in D&D. So it was an honor and a treat to get to work on designing some of them. I knew the floating eyes would always be an issue with making a miniature of this particular monster, so it has been fun to see how that problem has been solved in the two miniatures based on my designs. Here is a look at how the Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures version of the Death Tyrant turned out.

Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Death Tyrant Miniature

I love everything about this miniature. If I had the time and energy to paint minis anymore, I would certainly have this one high on my list. But a simple miniature was not good enough for the mighty Death Tyrant; there is also a Death Tyrant paint kit with everything you need to paint it. Maybe, one day, I will have a chance to paint this one.

Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures Death Tyrant Miniature Paint Kit

 That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment