Friday, September 10, 2021

Trex Miniature

I am thrilled to share with you today another miniature based on my illustrations for Dungeons & Dragons. This time around, it is a prepainted miniature of Trex the Kobold from Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden. While there was a dedicated miniature set for this game expansion, this mini has been released in a subsequent miniature set. To start things off, here is my painting for the Trex.

Trex
Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin 
© 2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC

I had assumed that Trex would not get his own miniature since it was not released in the original Icewind Dale set. I was obviously surprised to see that in the fullness of time, this little Kobold got his chance to be immortalized in plastic. This is a small mini, so it is a bit chunky when you get up close to it, but it is still very faithful to my painting. While I have painted plenty of Kobolds over the years, this is the first to become a mini, and I am super excited to see it finally. Always a good day to see a new miniature based on my work. Here are some images of the official D&D Trex miniature.

Trex Miniature

 That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment