Friday, April 9, 2021

Stop Me if You Have Heard This Before - The Return of the Arcona Rumor Monger

Okay, so a funny thing happened since last Friday when I shared what had to be the final instance of my Arcona Rumor Monger painting being reused in a Star Wars game product. Well, since last week, it came to my attention that the art was used once again for the Convincing Demeanor card, but this time in the Diplomat Agitator Specialization Deck from 2015. It may have taken six years for me to learn this, but better late than never. At this point, I am assuming that this art is in every single Star Wars product released by FFG. That is a joke for the folks in the back. It is great that the art has been so well recieved that it found a use in so many products. It is the painting that keeps giving and giving. Here is a look at the much-repeated incarnation of the Arcona Rumor Monger art as the Convincing Demeanor card.

 
Convincing Demeanor
Diplomat Agitator Specialization Deck
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I wonder if I had known at the time of this pieces creation how often it would see print if I would have done anything differently. In all likelihood, I would have likely stressed over the piece and not enjoyed myself. That is the way of things.

If, for some reason, you are trying to complete your collection of my work in print, here is the cover of the Colonist Performer Specialization Deck so that you might purchase the correct one.

 
Diplomat Agitator Specialization Deck - For all your colonist performer needs

Lastly, here is the original illustration for the Arcona Rumor Monger. At this point, I am not sure that this will be the last time I will be sharing this one with you. Exactly how many times was this piece used?

 
Arcona Rumor Monger
Balance of the Force - Star Wars Card Game expansion
9.8 x 7.6 - Digital
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

That is all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then... 

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment