Friday, November 6, 2020

Website Redesign and Update!

For many years I have had a fantastic custom made website built by the astounding Rodney Johnson. As impressive as my site is, sadly, the internet has changed over the years, and my site was no longer functioning at 100%. I don't have the skill set to update the existing site, and Rodney is not really doing freelance web work, and I can't blame him. None of this changed the fact that my website needed an update, least of the reasons being that I needed a mobile-friendly site. 

I took it upon myself to research options and see how best to consolidate my web presence, and I landed on Squarespace. I found it extremely straightforward and easy to design and work within their templates and interface. I have made an art forward site and include all my additional links, such as my blog, newsletter, store, and social media links. I feel like I now have a better presentation of my work on this new site. As my work and focus have changed over the years, I have felt like my site hadn't kept up with that change. I now have a gallery devoted to my work on The Grand Bazaar, which has been missing. I now have a breakdown of the art in each gallery, which allows me to better present the art in context. For years I have been a little embarrassed by the continued presence of my makeup effect work on my site. Now, I have a brief description of the work and that I no longer do this work. It allows me to keep it since it is a crowd favorite but still denotes it as work from early in my career. I also have a gallery for drawings, designs, and miniature work, which is all near and dear to me. And, of course, a gallery for my tabletop gaming work. This has been quite a bit of yammering for a new website, so let's just cut to the chase. Here is my new website!

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment