Monday, June 22, 2020

Fiscal Year Deadlines Ate My Blog

You may have noticed the blog post vanished the past couple of weeks. Not for lack of contact, at least not yet, but because of the annual deadline crunch that comes with the end of the fiscal year. Much of what I do with the day job begins and ends with the fiscal year, which is June 30/July 1 for those blissfully unaware of such things. This means in the middle of the year, there is a massive push to get a year's worth of courses up and launched for users on July 1. I am the project's art director, style guide enforcer, production overseer, primary artist, and master of all that is visual with the courses.

To that end, I build courses, oversee and review courses made by team members, and create all of the images, graphics, and visuals for the courses. This production year, I had fourteen courses to get into production, five videos, and a bunch of other little things that always come up. We have a good team, but the visuals seem to always fall to me every year, even with the best intentions to not have it work out this way. June is always rough, and at the end of the day, which is typically long, there is not much time or energy left to see to the blog, which is why the posts vanished the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully, moving forward, I can get back on schedule. Here is are analog notes for all the images, graphics, and visuals that I had to make this year. While each orange mark denotes a single completed asset, sometimes they represent up to fifteen separate assets for one visual. This is on top of building courses, reviewing courses, working with the programing team get new activities created, and juggling a dozen other things. Fun times! 

Each orange mark is a completed asset that puts up closer to hitting our deadline

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment