Thursday, June 27, 2019

Dragon+ 24 - The Return of Oso

It recently came to my attention that I was credit in Dragon+ 24. I was a little confused since I did not remember working on an assignment for Dragon+, so it had to be a reuse of my work. I went to investigate and ended up going down a rabbit hole that led to ten years ago.

Well, my name is in the credits of Dragon+, so my work has to be in here.

I have searched the issue three times, and nothing is jumping out at me. This section on familiars seems like a good fit for my art, but I am just not seeing it.

Oh, look, it is Oso, the bear. Oh, wait... oh no! Not that... anything but that...

Yup, a ten-year-old color pencil doodle of Oso that I did for ArtOrder has turned up on an official Dungeons & Dragons product. Great... At least I have a long list of D&D credits to my name and a stack of art to show that this is not my typical work, even with it being ten years old. Goes to show you that you never know where and when something you worked on will show up in print.

You can read more about Oso the bear and what this was initially created for over on a ten-year-old blog post. This was the last thing I ever expected to see pop up on a D&D product, and I am a little embarrassed, but what can you do about it now. I guess it is legit and official now. 

That is all for another exciting Thursday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment